Axis Bank is one of the largest private sector banks in India and offers a comprehensive suite of financial products. In this post, I will tell you how to activate Axis Bank Net Banking online.
With the growth of the internet, online banking services have become quite popular among people. Do you have a savings account in Axis Bank? Have you activated Axis net banking services? If not then this post is for you. Let’s have a look at the process of Axis Bank Internet Banking.
Axis Bank Internet Banking
Axis Bank offers Axis net banking service for you to bank online, securely and conveniently, from the comfort of your home or office. You can activate Axis net banking online if you have a savings account. There is no need to apply for Axis Bank Netbanking separately.
Axis Bank Internet Banking is a convenient way to bank anytime at your convenience. You do not have to visit the branch to avail banking services such as checking account balance, fund transfer, requesting cheque book, etc. All these things can be performed through the Axis Internet Banking facility.
Axis Bank Net Banking – Features & Services
The following features and services make axis bank online banking easy and effective.
1. Account Details
You can view your account details, account balance, download account statements, and many more. Also view your Demat, loan, and credit card account details all in one place.
2. Fund Transfer
You can transfer funds to your own accounts, other Axis accounts, or other bank accounts seamlessly.
3. Request Services
Send request for cheque book, demand draft, stop cheque payment, debit card loyalty point redemption, etc.
4. Investment Services
View your complete portfolio with the Bank, Create Fixed Deposit, Apply for IPO (Initial Public Offering), etc.
5. Value Added Services
Pay your utility bills, recharge your mobile phone, create virtual cards, pay any visa credit card bills, register for e-statement and SMS banking, etc.
Axis Internet Banking Services via Online Banking
You can also make various banking or account-related service requests using Axis Bank Internet Banking.
1. View your account details/balance
2. Download your account statement
3. Request for stop cheque payment
4. Request for a new cheque book
5. Create a fixed deposit (FD) account
6. View your credit card details
7. Pay your credit card bills
8. Redeem eDGE rewards points
9. View your Demat account details
10. View your Portfolio Summary/Snapshot
11. Apply for IPO (Initial Public Offering) Online
12. View your loan account details
13. Update personal profile details
14. View your tax documents
15. Link your account to GST registration number
16. Apply for various products of the bank like loans, accounts, credit cards, etc.
17. Update nominee in accounts and FD/RD
18. Apply for locker
19. Transfer funds to own Axis Bank account
20. Transfer money to other Axis Bank account
21. Transfer money to other Bank Account
22. Transfer Fund to Visa Credit Card
23. Transfer funds abroad through outward remittance
24. Reload your forex card
25. Recharge your mobile
26. Request for a demand draft
27. Pay utility bills
28. Shop online and pay using Axis Net Banking
29. Access Digilocker for online storage of documents
30. Invest in mutual funds
Eligibility for Axis Bank Internet Banking
Axis Bank Net Banking service is available to all individual savings and, current accounts, only credit card, and only loan customers. It is applicable for all domestic and non-resident Indian customers.
Axis Bank Net Banking Registration
Once your account is activated, you can register for Axis Bank Internet Banking service. Registering for Axis Bank Internet Banking online involves only a few easy and simple steps.
To activate Axis internet banking online you need your Customer Id, Account number, and Debit Card. All this you already received in your welcome kit during account opening.
Here is the step by step process to activate Axis Bank Net Banking Online.
Axis Net Banking Activation Process
Just follow the step by step instructions given below to register for Axis Bank Net Banking.
1. First of all, visit Axis Bank Netbanking website here.
2. Click on “First time user? Register” option.
3. Next page you need to enter your Login ID and click on the “Proceed” tab. Please note that your customer ID is your login ID. Your customer Id is mentioned in your welcome letter and cheque book. You can also know your customer ID by sending an SMS “CUSTID” to 56161600.
4. Next screen you have to enter your account number and your registered mobile number. After entering both, click on the “Proceed” tab.
5. Next, you need to enter your debit card number, ATM PIN, and expiry date. Click on the “proceed” tab.
6. In this step, you have to create a password for your login purpose. Create a strong login password. Enter the OTP which you received on your registered mobile number and click on the “Submit” tab.
7. Congratulation! You have successfully activated Axis Bank Internet Banking online. You can see a success message on the next screen.
To activate Axis Net Banking facility, please click here
1. To log in to internet banking Axis Bank, you need the login ID. This login ID is the same as your 9-digit Customer ID mentioned on the welcome letter and printed on your cheque book.
2. Just send an SMS CUSTID <account-number> to 56161600 from your registered mobile number to know your customer ID. For example: CUSTID 913XXXXXXXXXXXX
3. New users can generate a password online by using the “First-time user option”.
4. Generate the login password using your debit card 4-digit ATM Pin and your registered mobile number that is available with you.
5. If you forgot your password then click on the “Forgot Password” link on the login page and generate your password online.
How to register the mobile number for Internet Banking Axis Bank at an ATM
Follow the below-mentioned steps to register your mobile number for Axis Bank Net Banking at an ATM
1. Visit your nearest Axis Bank ATM
2. Select Registrations and select Netsecure.
3. Next, enter your mobile number and confirm it.
4. On confirmation of registration, you will get an SMS.
5. Alternatively you can also visit the nearest branch to register your mobile number for NetBanking (Netsecure).
How to Reset/Forget Password of Axis Internet Banking?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to reset or forget the Axis Net Banking password.
1. Visit the Axis Bank Internet Banking login page.
2. Next, click on the “Forgot Password” option on the Axis net banking login page.
3. Here, enter your Login ID and Click on the “Proceed” tab.
4. Next, enter your 16 digit Debit Card number, PIN, and mobile number that is registered with the bank.
5. Now enter a new password to set a new password for Axis Net Banking login.
6. If you do not have a debit card, then you can place a request for a PIN at the call center or your nearest branch.
Click here to generate your password online.
Check Balance through Axis Net Banking
You can your account balance online using Axis Internet Banking.
1. Visit the Axis Bank login page to know about the account balance.
2. Login using your username and password.
3. Once logged in, you can check the balance on Axis internet banking.
4. Using Axis Net banking login facility, you can also know about previous transactions and get a mini-statement, etc.
Fund Transfer using Internet Banking Axis Bank
You can experience secure and smooth fund transfer through Axis Bank online banking, anywhere, and anytime. Fund transfer is the most used feature of Axis Internet Banking. Axis Bank Net Banking login allows various forms of online money transfer with the help of Axis features- NEFT, IMPS, RTGS, IFSC, ECS, Instant Money Transfer, and Visa Money Transfer at your fingertips.
NEFT (National Electronic Fund Transfer)
Technology advancement has made life simpler. Nowadays, with NEFT transferring money is convenient and extremely easy because technology has reached another level. National Electronic Fund Transfer has paved the way for big fund transfers online.
NEFT as it is known is a quick, convenient, and fast way of transferring funds. It allows transferring money from a particular bank to any other bank that is a part of this scheme.
RTGS (Real-time Gross Settlement)
Now, transferring money has become very easy with technology becoming a major part of our day to day lives. RTGS (Real-time Gross Settlement) is an electronic payment system.
RTGS is a funds transfer system where the money is transferred from one bank to another on a real-time basis and gross basis.
IMPS (Immediate Payment Service)
With Immediate Payment Service, you can enjoy instant fund transfer service. IMPS is available 24×7, throughout the year including Sundays and any bank holiday. It is an instant interbank electronic fund transfer service.
You can transfer and receive money via IMPS using your registered mobile number and MMID (Mobile Money Identifier) or via net banking using your account number and IFSC code.
Instant Money Transfer (Cash transfer, cardless withdrawal)
Instant Money Transfer is an innovative domestic service from Axis. IMT allows you to send cash to a receiver. Just mention the receiver’s mobile number and amount to be sent to issue an IMT.
Receivers can withdraw cash using a debit card from any ATM of the banks empanelled. The receiver need not have a bank account and can also make a cardless withdrawal.
Visa Money Transfer
Visa Money Transfer allows you to conveniently pay bills of a Visa Credit Card issued by any bank. This system also allows you to transfer money to a beneficiary’s bank account using the Visa Debit Card number. Normally it takes around 3 to 4 days to process the payment.
You can access the Visa Money Transfer facility through the internet by going to the option, Log on to Axis Bank Net Banking.
IFSC (Indian Financial System Code)
Over the last few years, the world of banking has changed drastically. The IFSC is critical for NEFT and RTGS transactions. The IFSC is an alphanumeric code that uniquely identifies a bank-branch and ensures secure transactions. The IFS Code is a critical number for all major transactions.
The IFS Code is an 11-character code. The first 4 alphabetic characters represent the bank name and the last 6 characters represent the branch. The IFSC is used to route the messages to the destination banks/branches.
ECS (Electronic Clearing Service)
Electronic Clearing Service is an electronic clearing system. ECS facilitates paperless credit/debit transactions directly linked to your account. It also provides for a faster method of effecting periodic and repetitive payments.
Through ECS, you can pay all your utility bills, SIPs, Loan Installments, Insurance premiums, credit card payments, payments of donations, and other bill payments.
Is it safe to use Axis Bank Net Banking?
Axis Bank provides the following layers of protection to secure your online banking experience.
1. 128-bit encryption to keep your transaction safe.
2. One layer of security is a high secured Login ID and Password to access your account.
3. Two-factor authentication system in the form of Netsecure code for all – online banking transactions.
4. Adaptive authentication is used to detect the change in the login environment. If there is a change in the regular login environment, it triggers security questions that were set by you earlier. This way it helps prevent unauthorized access to your account.
What is Netsecure?
Netsecure is a two-factor authentication security feature provided by Axis Bank. It provides added security to make your online transactions safe and secure. After registering for Netsecure, you can generate an OTP through SMS or a 1-touch Device for online transactions.
Is it mandatory to register for Netsecure?
For NRI customers, it is mandatory to register for Netsecure to do financial transactions. For domestic customers, there is no separate Netsecure registration process.
Types of Netsecure
The following different type of Netsecure options are:
1. Netsecure with SMS
In this case, the Netsecure Code is sent to your registered mobile number. Bank offers this option to both domestic and NRI customers. Note that Netsecure OTP on email is available for NRI customers only
2. Netsecure with 1-Touch Device
In this case, you have to generate Netsecure code using the 1-Touch device. Netsecure 1-Touch is a small device that generates a unique Netsecure Code every time a button on it is pressed and held.
3. Mobi-Token Application
You need to install the Axis Netsecure app from the App Store or Play Store to generate the OTP using the app. At present, this option is available for NRI customers only.
4. Display Debit Card
You can also generate Netsecure code with the help of the Display Debit Card option. This option offers you higher transaction limits up to Rs.4 lakh. These transactions are secured by NetSecure.
Also Read: List of Banks in India
This way, you can activate Axis Bank Internet Banking online without visiting the branch. Once Axis net banking is activated, you can easily access and manage your account from anywhere at any time. You can easily make various transactions and remain updated with your bank account.
Note: This post was originally published on September 15, 2018 and has been completely updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.
Click here for more information about Axis Bank Net Banking facility.
Related Post: How to activate SBI netbanking online?
Related Post: How to register for HDFC credit card netbanking?